A Small Update…

So I made a little progress on the engine a couple of nights ago. Tim and I reinstalled the upper oil pan, baffle plate, GReddy oil pan, ARP head studs, Apexi head gasket, and dropped the head back on. It was a weeknight and I still had to drive home, so that’s as far as we got. I tossed the intake and exhaust manfiolds on for fun, but they aren’t fully installed yet. Here are some less-than-awesome cell phone pics:

I was hoping to get out there this weekend to finish it up, but I don’t think I will have time. I’ll have to make a trip out to GR one night next week to work on it. I guess it isn’t a huge rush anyway, since we can’t drop it in until the engine bay is painted.

I pieced my rear valences together seperately. I found out that my center piece was actually a fiberglass knockoff, which kind of bugged me. I picked up a complete OEM set from JDMHookup.com and sold my previous set to a friend:

I also got my Megan test pipe (fail, haha) and Walbro fuel pump from FR Sport yesterday. My car came with a Walbro in it from when the previous owner did the swap back in 2001 or 2002, but I wanted to replace it just for extra assurance:

That’s about it for right now. The weather has been awesome out here, and it’s making me antsy to get the car done. I’m just trying to be patient, though, since I still have a ton of work to do and not much time to do it. Still shooting for having the car tuned and on the road June 1st!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s