It’s such a great feeling to be sitting here writing this post right now. Very surreal. The weather warmed up this weekend in Michigan and I was able to fire the car up for the first time since I parted it out back in October of 2012.
Prior to firing the car up, I buttoned up a few of the many loose ends that need to be addressed on the car. After finishing up the putting the Wiring Specialties Pro engine harness on the car, I filled all of the fluids, installed the driveshaft, and bolted the remainder of the exhaust in place. I also picked up another Braille battery and mounted it where it previously resided in the hatch area.
The car didn’t want to start initially, but I quickly realized that I did not have any ground straps in place like I did when I owned the car previously. A couple crude & quick ground wires from the head to the chassis and the car fired right up! Here’s one of the first starts prior to installing the catback:
A few more random clips of the car warming up and idling. Probably pretty boring, but I was really excited to hear this thing running again:
Overall I couldn’t be happier to hear the car starting up and running on its own. It’s always an amazing feeling to see all of the hard work pay off and to rest some of the worries that have accumulated over the rebuild process. I am still a decent ways away from actually driving the car, but it feels good to be over such a large hurdle just as the Michigan weather is finally beginning to improve.
You are going to have the cutest Final Bout team ever
hi Damon. Congratulations on the car!
Thanks Brian! Hope your recovery is going really well man.
Need an update on this bro :^)
I need to get something done! Haha